|Owner||Wiltshire County Council - Bridge No C6/39|
|History||Bradford-on-Avon grew at the "broad ford" across the Avon|
|Date of first bridge not known.||The eastern end has two 13th century arches ribbed and pointed.|
|Arches on western end are semi-circular and date from when the bridge was widened in 1769||On eastern end, southern side there is a small, square in plan, building that dates from 17th century|
|The building was a 'lock-up' that may have replaced a chapel||It may also have been used as a toll house|
|Where||Near Bath, England|
|Latitude||N 51 20' 49"|
|Latitude||W 02 15' 3.5"|
|Bridges the River Avon||Links Bath & Bristol with Salisbury, Westbury, Warminster & Trowbridge|
|Overall type||Masonry Arch|
|Length||~ 55 m.|
|Spans||9 spans of 4.3 m. to 4.9 m.|
|Piers||Pier width 1.6 m. to 2.8 m.|
|How to read a bridge||Read more about arches.....
Read more about the book metaphor.....